Classic Chicken Dinner
- 2-4 Fog Hollow Farm Chicken Leg Quarters
- 6-8 locally grown Red Potatoes
- 1/2 lb locally grown Brussels
- 2-4 pieces locally raised bacon
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub chicken leg quarters with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper (garlic salt if you have it)
- Pre-heat oven to 375-degrees
- Lightly coat bottom of preferred baking dish with olive or safflower oil
- Place leg quarters into baking dish, not touching each other, and bake for about 40-45 minutes, turning over once. You may want to cover with foil after 5-10 minutes.
- While chicken legs are cooking, bring pot of water to boil.
- Add chopped potatoes to pot and cook until tender. Drain.
- Add Sour Cream, Butter, and salt and pepper to taste. (Amount of Sour Cream and Butter may depend on your preferences!) Mash potatoes and cream with potato masher. (Note: you may add a dash of milk for added creaminess.) Set aside and keep warm.
- For brussels: Halve, toss lightly in oil, salt, pepper and spices. Dice bacon and cook brussels and bacon in a) oven with chicken or b) on the stove top in a cast iron skillet, stirring frequently at about medium heat. For the brussels, just keep an eye on them and they should let you know when they’re done by crisping along the edges.
Now you should be able to enjoy a lovely meal of classic chicken leg quarters, mashed potatoes and brussels n’ bacon. Modify the recipe as you see fit, adding a variety of spices and flavors. Utilizing a classic homemade gravy recipe is 100% recommended for this dish.
Oven BBQ Chicken Breast
- 2-4 bone-in Fog Hollow Farm Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 C Tomato Juice
- 3/4 C Apple cider vinegar
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T Brown sugar
- Paprika, Mustard powder, Bay leaf, Salt, Pepper to taste
- 1/2 C Tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a sauce pan combine all ingredients except chicken and onions, cook on medium heat for 5-10min untill flavors are blended
- Meanwhile make a rub of Paprika, Mustard Powder, Salt, and Pepper and generously coat chicken with and rub. Evenly place chicken pieces in a 2″ baking dish and top with sliced onions. Gently pour tomato mixture into baking dish around chicken pieces.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, basting frequently. 50 min – 1 hour.
- Once finished remove chicken from baking dish and rest for 10 min. Meanwhile combine pan juices and tomato paste in a sauce pan and simmer until desired thickness. Season to taste.
- Drizzle sauce over plated chicken. Serve. Enjoy.
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Homemade Crust
We used the dough recipe found here. (makes two)
For the ingredients, day-old cold (for handling) chicken breast or dark meat is ideal. As for the other ingredients, we used what we had on-hand: fresh broccoli, caramelized red onion, garlic cloves, and cheddar cheese. Plus we used the leftover BBQ sauce from last night’s BBQ Chicken recipe. Nothing fancy, but definitely a winner!
Bake in the oven at a minimum of 500 degrees for 10-12 minutes depending on your taste, spin once to cook evenly. Cut, let cool, and serve.